i imagine it goes a little something like this
There’s only like two weeks and a couple days until Hal-Con
hey isnt that jonas brother a disney kid
and now he’s half naked everywhere
and everyone is admiring him for growing up so nicely
wasnt miley cyrus a disney kid too
and she was half naked everywhere
and everyone freaked their fuckin shit
HOW DO YOU MAKE A GUY
so okay i just need to make a post about this new anime i started watching, Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru
it’s a magical girl anime, and one of the main characters is disabled
Togo was in an accident when she was little and hasn’t been able to move or feel her legs since. of course, i fucking lost my shit at a main character in an anime this season being disabled, but i was kind of curious and apprehensive about how they were going to handle her disability when she transforms.
see those ribbons? togo isn’t magically healed when she transformed, making her disability just something to make her unique when she’s a human. no, those ribbons are how she moves. her legs still don’t work, but the ribbons on her costume get her around and maneuver her so she can fight just as good as the other girls.
I AM SO. FUCKING. HAPPY.
DISABLED REPRESENTATION MATTERS.
SOUNDS LIKE A NEW ANIME TO WATCH
Was just browsing frilly shirts on Amazon.
I laughed so hard I woke my husband who was sleeping two rooms over.
- Danny Phantom: A 14-year-old boy with an already sucky life gets half-killed by his parents' stupidity, and has to try to keep up with his own life.
- Fairly OddParents: A depressed 10-year-old is given a pair of magic fairies to help relieve him of all different forms of child abuse.
- The Last Airbender: A 12-year-old boy is given the responsibility of saving the entire world by mastering a decade's worth of mystic skills in under a year.
- The Grim Adventures of Billy And Mandy: Two children of undisclosed ages are confronted by death himself and make a deal with him, and go on a series of adventures in the underworld and are confronted by many deadly mythical creatures.
- Adventure Time: The last surviving human of "The Mushroom War" lives in the post-apocalyptic land of Ooo with his adoptive brother, Jake, and battles evil and injustice.
- How to Train Your Dragon: A teenage boy gives up the approval and acceptance of his father and culture to save the life of the only friend who loved him as he was, and in return loses his leg yet changes his world.
- Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby have real nigga problems.